Friday, July 31, 2009

2009 Bowman Retail

I guess I was just trying to be different when I picked up this pack. Everyone is either still talking about O-Pee-Chee (which I refuse to buy) or Allen & Ginter (which I would practically rob your mother for if given the opportunity), and somewhere in between fell a set like this. Anyway, there was no good reason for me shelling out $2.99 for this pack, but I did it anyway. Enjoy.

69 - Daisuke Matsuzaka (He's been pretty terrible this year, which is kind of surprising. I think he ended up on the DL.)
190 - Kosuke Fukudome

58 - James Shields (The enormous space for the autographs really ruins what is almost a pretty solid card design.)

BP45 - Wilson Ramos - Prospect
BW4 - Michel Enriquez - WBC (Apparently he was a member of Team Cuba)

173 - A.J. Pierzynski Gold (The requisite one-per-pack gold parallel.)

BCW7 - Gift Ngoepe WBC Chrome (There are two promised Chrome cards per pack, and both of mine in this pack happened to be WBC players that I've never heard of. I chose to single out this guy because his first name is Gift.)
BCW18 - Tao Bu WBC Chrome (Yeah, I know. I first read his name outloud as Tae Bo. You did it, too. Don't pretend like you didn't.)
108 - Jermaine Dye

212 - Fernando Perez (RC)

Bowman packs have always intrigued me, for some reason. I like the variety of cards you can get, but I think the sort of unfocused nature of this set (I got 5 base cards out of a 10 card pack, for example) makes it a difficult sell to the average person. I might buy another pack or two down the road. I could certainly think of worse things to spend cash on.

No comments: