Wednesday, December 19, 2007

2006-2007 Upper Deck Mini Jersey Collection Hockey

I've always wanted to buy a pack of this stuff in any sport but the $7.99 price tag for three cards and a Barbie-sized jersey scared me off. For some inexplicable reason though, the a few of the Quik Trips around here got a bunch of boxes of this stuff last year, sometimes two or three boxes per store. Without fail every one of those boxes gathered dust. One station dumped the cards somewhere and is using the box for holding keychains. The day I bought up a bunch of packs to bust open here I saw one of them when I got gas and just couldn't resist any longer. To my surprise, it rang up at $2.99! Of course this is the same place selling packs of Upper Deck First Edition for $4.99, so maybe it's not that big a surprise after all. In any case, lets see what jersey *ahem* sweater I pulled.

Penguins sweater with an alternate captain "A" on it
3 Chris Pronger
8 Brad Boyes
15 Dion Phaeneuf

The cards are completely superfluous to this set so I'm not even going to bother talking about them even though Chris Pronger is a good player. I got a Penguins home jersey with an alternate captain "A" on it. At least I think the white jerseys are the home jersey... I think they switched it up a couple years ago as a gimmick... It's a white jersey in any case and I don't know which player it belongs to because of the way it's wrapped up. Who is this? Could it be Mario? Gotta open it up...

Sidney Crosby! Kick ass! A hockey player I've actually heard of! This will go great with my Burger King Alge Crumpler Jersey.

Waaaay back here, I busted a pack of the NFL jerseys that were giveaways in Burger King kid's meals. A few hamburgers later, I finally pulled the Alge jersey that I really wanted (but not before getting a Packers jersey that ended up as trade bait). There's one problem with it though as you can see from the back:

Ouch. That's gonna be a fine. Somewhat prescient of BK to have that on the jersey way back in September. This kind of stuff doesn't happen in hockey.

6 comments:

Kevin said...

dayf,

You don't happen to have the Todd Heap BK jersey, do you? If so, maybe we could work out a trade of some sort.

Andy said...

Free Mike Vick...heh...you got a nice chuckle out of me.

Captain Canuck said...

first, the Phaeneuf card is the juiciest of the three, not Old man Pronger...
and second, it's a road jersey. For whatever reason, they now wear the whites on the road....

dayf said...

This is why I shouldn't buy Hockey packs any more. If they didn't play with Joey Mullen, I don't know who the hell they are. I even misspelled the poor guy's name.

On the plus side, this post is the #1 Google hit for "Dion Phaeneuf". It doesn't even register on Yahoo's search though.

dayf said...

Kevin - I looked and couldn't find the Heap Jersey. I don't really remember the ones I got though so if it pops up I'll let you know.

Unknown said...

thats a variation jersey, worth $80