Monday, December 03, 2007

2007 Bowman Heritage Baseball


I feel like I need to get back on the Pack-A-Day Pony after a somewhat long absence. Thanks dayf for keeping her well fed. Sorry about those Bulldogs, though. For what it's worth, I hate Ohio St. LSU/GU would have been the much better matchup.

I remember the mantra of late-'80s/early-'90s pack buying was "Pick from the bottom." I tried that today with a couple of pack of 2007 Bowman Heritage at Target.

Let's tear in.

Top to Bottom:
18 Zach Duke
251 Joba Chamberlain ("Jabba" to those of us in the Midwest unsure of how to pronounce his name because we were too focused on Ryan Braun.)

205 Hector Gimenez Rainbow Parallel

BHP50 Luke Hochevar
BHP44 Chris Coghlan

214 Brian Stokes
12 Hank Blalock
148 Paul Konerko

Grade: B
The Joba will basically pay for this pack, should I decide to put him on eBay. The rest is just OK. The cards themselves look fine, nothing special aside from the backgrounds. The backs of the prospects cards have these two baseball at the top that look like they need to have a stat in them or something. What a waste.

1 comment:

dayf said...

Actually, the prospect card designs were completely swiped from the 1954 Red Heart dog food oddball set. The baseballs on the top were that way on the original set too. I don't have an original or I'd scan it, but if you do a search for "Red Heart baseball" on ebay you can use the McDougald or Hegan listings to compare the front and the back.