Wednesday, December 12, 2007

2007-2008 Fleer Ultra Basketball

Back when I rabidly collected basketball cards, I always preferred Fleer over Ultra. I have lots of Fleer sets, but other than Shaq's rookie year, not much Ultra. Fleer doesn't come out till late January though and I felt like opening some hoops cards since the Hawks hit .500 for the first time in forever with a win over Orlando. Of course as soon as I get the pack home they drop a game to Toronto. Oh well, maybe I'll get a blank back gimmick card to help ease my pain.

88 Pau Gasol
60 Kelenna Azubuike
46 Eduardo Najera
US-22 Drew Gooden Ultra Stars jersey
154 LaMarcus Aldridge
RS-19 Javaris Crittenton

Well that was cool... No blank backs but I got a Cavs jersey swatch. Too bad it's the wrong player. It looks pretty nice for an all-gold card with gold foil. I did pretty well with the base cards too, Gasol and Aldridge are good players. I do have to admit that this is the very first time I have ever heard of Mr. Azubuike. He played for Kentucky, so you'd think I would remember him from an SEC game, but I don't. He's got on a sweet retro "The City" Golden State uni though. I love 70's hoops unis. The pack finishes up with a card of Georgia Tech point guard Javaris Crittenton. He's got his college uniform on instead of a Lakers one which is fine with me. It never fails, I always end up pulling an awesome pack every time I buy one to open here from a set I have no interest in collecting. This blog is going to ruin me yet... Then again what else is there to bust until 2008 Topps comes out?

No comments: