Friday, December 14, 2007

2005 Fleer Tradition

It's kinda sad that I can recall the designs of every Fleer set from 1959 to 1992 in an instant, but I can't for the life of me remember what it looked like two years ago. Did it have that swooshy banner thing, or the whatchamacallit... oh hell, I don't know. I bought this pack to refresh my memory, but I made a bit of a blunder:

I just purchased the pack I passed by two years ago at a 10 cent markup. Oh well, I've done a lot stupider card related things in my life. The illustration on the wrapper's worth a dime at least. Let's open this sucker up and see what they look like on the inside.

38 Kenny Rogers
71 Brent Mayne
20 Eric Hinske
129 Khalil Greene
157 David Ortiz
109 Shawn Green
325 Giants Trio Prospects
Fleer Showcase ad
273 Victor Martinez
231 Kyle Lohse
240 Jose Valentin

Oh yeah, it's the sort of half-assed '61 Topps design with the clouds. Wait, Thorzul already ripped one of these... I should have remembered that. Not that this design is worth remembering. Oh well, no crying over Kenny Rogers. Not much in this pack other than Big Papi. There's a David Aardsma short print, oh goody. The photography in this set is really bad. The Shawn Green and Lohse action shots are all right, but the posed ones in front of the fluffy clouds look horrible. Whoever took the shot of Khalil needs a remedial course in lighting. All in all, this pack was a dud. I hope that Ultra basketball pack didn't use up all my pack ripping luck, I still have several more to open.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What's up with that? A mere two packs of the same product are opened, producing five dupes? What the heck, Fleer?