Tuesday, April 15, 2008

1986 Topps Baseball

This was one of the two sets my grandmother tried to get me to collect to get me off Garbage Pail Kids. I did pick up baseball cards 4 years later and abandoned GPKs.
Photobucket

Here we go:

Gary Redus, In '78 in Rookie Ball he hit .462, one of the highest batting averages ever
Dickie Noles, 1980 Phillie!
Mark Gubicza, Philadelphia Native
Rollie Fingers, last card, with complete stat line
Roy Smalley
Rick Lysander
George Bamberger
Darrell Porter
Mike Fitzgerald
Twins Leaders (Mickey Hatcher), 3 Twins
Bruce Hurst
Dwight Gooden NL All Star
Pedro Guerrero NL All Star
Ed Jurak
Reds Leaders (Dave Concepcion)

No Fielder! No Vince Coleman!

Grade B

1 comment:

William said...

I met Dickie Noles at a Phillies game a few years back [probably 2000] and got his autograph. Imagine if he and Dickie Thon had been on the same team -- they woulda had a couple a dickies.