Monday, October 06, 2008

1994 Fleer

So check this, one of my YouTube fans sent me (unsolicited) two packs of the greatest baseball card set of the 1990s: 1994 Fleer. (I love my fans!)

1994 Fleer is everything a base-level baseball card product should be, but sadly, is no more. 720 cards, all in one series. That's, 720 cards all without a short-print, gimmick card, or unnecessary subset to be found.

But 1994 Fleer isn't just about a classy-looking, and comprehensive, base set. Each pack contained one of over 200 different inserts; all of which are collectible, none of which will break the bank.

Take a look at the video and you'll see what I mean.

4 comments:

Gamblers Fan said...

Great pulls in that second pack!

I think I have the complete '94 Fleer football set with all the insert sets too (the base was the same card design as baseball). I agree, the design is awesome!

dayf said...

This is a spectacular set. Simple single series base set with no garbage and a bunch of good looking inserts that are challenging to collect but obtainable. Kinda like Topps Total now that I come to think of it.

William said...

I gotta admit, I don't watch any of the video breaks because they're not as much fun [and if I'm listening to music I have to mute that to watch them]. Sorry, but I never watch.

The Baseball Card Snob said...

One of my all-time favorite sets.
For all the reasons previously stated, and I also like a set on good card stock with white borders.

Those horizontal cards that you pulled had great pics, btw.