Saturday, October 11, 2008

2008 Topps Chrome Football

For someone who is not collecting football cards this year, I sure am getting a lot of packs of them. Ok, so I'm curious. I wanted to see how the Chrome cards looked and if they had a refractor in each pack.

Must... Have... Shiny...

Anyway I bought a pack and I'm not ashamed. I shall open this pack and you will love it. Love it I say!

TC243 Lawrence Jackson RC

Ooooh! Black borders! These look pretty damn good! Much better than the boring baseball Chrome. The base cards are snoozeworthy in that set. These are much better although I don't understand the TC prefix on the card numbers. Base cards shouldn't have prefixes on the card numbers, it makes it a pain in the ass to sort.

Oh, I forgot about the player. I have no idea who this guy is and I don't care. It's a rookie, wheeeeeee

DYNC-RCR Roger Craig NFL Dynasties Tribute


Sweet looking insert, a refractor of this would be fantastic. Workhorse Roger Craig is shown in the classic 80's "sittin' on the bench with no helmet" pose. Good stuff here.

HR-CB Chuck Bednarik Air Force card or something

Two inserts in the same pack? Very nice. It's a kick ass insert of ass kicker Chuck Bednarik. According to the back Chuck not only dominated on the gridiron, but also flew 30 combat missions as a B-24 waist gunner in World War 2. This man is even tougher than I thought!

TC191 Matt Forte'

Another rookie. Two inserts and two rookies in the same pack, what are the odds. I've actually heard of this guy, I guess he might actually be good. I saw a highlight of his on ESPN while I was scrambling for the remote because lousy NFL scores were on again. Show some baseball scores dammit!

Great pack! Last one I'm gonna buy of Topps football Chrome, but great pack nonetheless.

1 comment:

jacobmrley said...

chuck bednarik makes chuck norris look like chuck berry when it comes to tough...