Friday, February 01, 2008

2007 Topps Turkey Red Baseball


I'll break up the Topps '52 monotony (this is not a slight, however, as I have another in the works) with some more Turkey Red. I know, I swore the first pack of this would be my last, but what the hell.

Let's tear in.

Top to Bottom:
120 Manny Ramirez

55 Josh Hamilton RC
32 Andruw Jones

9 Josh Beckett
TRR-TH Travis Hafner Game-Worn Gray Jersey

6 Corey Patterson
23 Adrian Gonzalez

Grade: As an elementary school teacher, I am all-too-familiar with grading systems. My school, in particular, has foregone the A, B, C grading scale in favor of numeric grades. Really, it's all the same shit to me, but here's the demarcation: 4 - Advanced, 3 - Proficient, 2 - Basic, 1 - Minimal.
I suppose a relic card makes this a 4. It's also a Red Sox lover's dream, but that I ain't. I've got more on Manny Being Manny, if you're so inclined.

I swear, doc, this is my last pack of the stuff...honest!

2 comments:

dayf said...

Yeah, yeah. That's what I said about '52 rookies.

Andy said...

I don't see the attraction with this set. I think the cards are all ugly and poor quality.