Saturday, February 02, 2008

A Hard Habit to Break


One of the guys on the Beckett Hockey board posted this picture at Christmas. I totally loved it so I saved it and want to share it with you guys. Every time I feel like my hockey card addiction is totally out of control, I look at this picture and I always smile!! What a great holiday card haul!!! If memory serves, there are about 24 boxes! Its a card collector's wet dream for crying out loud. By the way, if the original owner of this picture sees this, please don't get angry with me as I put it up in tribute to you.

Now, onto new business. I will be busting some vintage hockey packs tomorrow afternoon and the results will be posted right here. (No, no, not there....here!!) Fair warning, if I should hit a Roy 2nd year card or a Lemieux 3rd year card, there may be tears and girlish screaming on this side of the screen. Luckily my brother has been instructed to use chemical sedation on me if I get too out of control.

So meet me back here tomorrow...

5 comments:

Cody Eding said...

That is an amazing picture. Good luck with your break!

I know the feeling. Last time I bought a box I told myself I would limit myself to just one. I walked out with two.

dayf said...

Wow, that's hardcore... I love it! Good luck on the rips, I'll be busting a lot of Football meself in honor of the Big Commercial Delivery Event tomorrow, so you'll have company on the blog.

Chuck said...

Sounds great Dave! I'll be opening alot of 80's and 90's hockey stuff over the next few days. I don't care about BV, I just like the older stuff once in a while. What Football stuff will you be busting?

dayf said...

Let's just say it's a battle royale between Topps & Upper Deck. As for book value, I got the whole mess for under five bucks. I love ripping old cheap wax.

Chuck said...

I know, I've been picking up some mid 90's Hockey sets for like $5. I cherry pick what I like and donate the rest to a facility in Vancouver a pal of mine knows. I have more fun ripping cheap vintage stuff than I did with Bowman Sterling Baseball. When you rip an expensive product, there is so much pressure to pull something great. With older cheap stuff, no pressure...just fun!!!