Wednesday, April 15, 2009

2005 Donruss Team Heroes

I have no idea what these cost when they were new, but with only four cards per pack, the price was too high. I suppose this was a 'premium' set, but after looking at the photos and cards themselves, there is no way I'd be calling this 'premium.'


Mark Teixeira (Rangers), Mike Schmidt (Phillies), Jose Contreras (White Sox), and Armando Benitez (Giants) are the cards that came out of their shell for today's APAD. I have to say the Schmidt looks good considering the actual photo is who knows how many years old. That is some serious photoshopping!

4 comments:

capewood said...

I've got a note in my database that I paid $9.99 for 11 packs of this in May 2005. So about a dollar a pack. Not so bad.

--David said...

Well, that's not bad - 25 cents per card. I paid that much for cards while rifling through a 'bargain bin' at a little shop in San antonio many years ago. When I was in S.A. last time, the shop was closed. Bummer.

William said...

The Donruss "Team Heroes" sets were horrible...seriously, Armando Benitez a "Team Hero?"

William said...

I agree with Feng.