Friday, April 10, 2009

2007 Bowman Chrome

Just think about this before you read on. Someone out there could very well have paid $2.99 for this pack. A dollar per card automatically prices me out of any pack you could throw in front of me, unless there was some sort of guarantee that it would be chock full of shiny Cardinals that I lacked. Since that's not happening, how did I end up with this pack? It was on the front of a repack box, of course. I can honestly never keep any of the Bowman designs straight because I just barely have any of the stuff, so I couldn't really picture this set in my mind when I bought the box. I just went for it. So you could easily make fun of me for spending $11 or however much it was for a repack box comprised mostly of junk, but at least I didn't pay $1 a card, right?

Right?

211 - Jerry Owens (RC) (Owens is a light-hitting outfielder who had a grand total of 16 ABs with the White Sox last season after playing in 93 games his rookie year.)

BC124 - Brandon Hynick Prospects (Hynick is a right-handed starting pitcher who was the #8 prospect in the Rockies system according to Baseball America in 2008. He pitched in AA last year.)

65 - Manny Ramirez (And then there's this guy.)

Well, at least they're shiny.

1 comment:

The Baseball Card Snob said...

I think Manny would be worth a buck.