Monday, October 15, 2007

Pack Tease

Crap. I just wrote a post about 2004 Donruss Studio. A new low. However, my computer did an emergency shutdown before I could move it from Word onto the blog. The only thing that could have perked me up was a pack of 1984 Topps. Lo and behold, there's one I acquired a couple of weeks ago that I have been saving for just such an occasion. Oh...and mine didn't cost me five bucks either.

The back of this pack is also important, judging from the other semi-vintage packs that have appeared in this space. The seal is tight, like that of a good dishwasher.

Right now, I still haven't opened it. I'm hoping for better than the usual crum-bums. Readers, you will have to wait for tomorrow night to see the contents within. Get yourself a few cold ones, gather 'round A Pack A Day, and meet me for the unveiling. It will be a treat.

3 comments:

dayf said...

Sweet! An anti-drug message on the wrapper. I remember seeing a bunch of them back in the olden days, but now when I rip vintage packs they seem to be really hard to find. I'd love to know which pack inspired my blog's "do cards, not drugs" motto.

--David said...

I had a vintage pack with the "Cards, not Drugs" label and showed it to my 12 year old. He rolled his eyes, stuck his finger and thumb to his forehead ("L") and said, "that is SO lame..." Oh well, at least we old-timers appreciate it... :-)

dayf said...

When I first saw that on a pack of cards the very first thought that popped in my head was "yeah right, cards are just as addictive and twice as expensive"