Friday, December 12, 2008

1984 Topps Masters of the Universe

I have to confess, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe occupied quite a bit of my childhood. I loved the show and had most of the action figures, including the full size Castle Grayskull. When I saw this pack for $2, I had to bite. I'll keep the comments to a minimum and let the cards speak for themselves. I scanned the backs in too in case anyone is interested in reading the fascinating plot-line...










Well that was a fun trip down memory lane. I wish I would've gotten at least one card with Skeletor on it though...

5 comments:

RoofGod said...

How sweet of He-Man to hug that nice two headed monster. Hopefully he is feeling better now. Remember kids, "Make love, not war."

Scott C. said...

I usually skip right over the non-sports posts, but I couldn't do that with this pack (I'll admit to actually reading the backs). I too was a He-Man kid - though I never got the castle :( I had a huge crush on Teela too so this pack was perfect for me!

madding said...

Orko is the worst. He's pretty much the Snarf of the He-Man world.

zman40 said...

Scott C pretty much summed this up for me. I skip non-baseball packs, but this was cool. While I still collect baseball cards from any year to this day, this MotU pack really takes me back to my early days. I will never forget when I got Skeletor's castle (don't remember what it is called) for Christmas.

Jason T. Carter said...

I bought a bunch of packs of these about 5 years ago. I'll have to dig them out after I'm finished getting rid of some of my baseball cards.