Thursday, March 13, 2008

2008 Topps Heritage Blaster

So I bought a couple of boxes of the '08 Heritage to see how much of a set I could get before having to trade. I didn't do too bad but as I was walking throught my local Wal-Mart I saw they had a bunch of blasters for $20. I picked up one from the back of the row thinking I could get another 15 or 20 cards closer to my complete. Got home and started ripping, two packs from the end the I noticed that the card back facing me had a hologram sticker on it. Excited I carefully turned the card over and proceeded to shout at the top of my lungs (scaring my son so bad HE yelled at me!!) the card I had pulled from the $20 blaster was a hand signed/hand numbered Bill Mazeroski numbered 57/59!!!! I'll put the pic in but it's not great.... cell phone pic, sorry.


What a great looking signature. I find it funny that the best card I pulled didn't come from the two boxes but the blaster. I'll take that luck any day!!! I didn't even pull a chrome out of there!! Best card in that silly thing. Hope you all enjoy!

11 comments:

P.J. said...

Sweet find for sure, though I still say he's one of the weakest -- if not THE weakest -- Hall of Famer there is. Because of him getting in, the vet voting process was totally revamped.

William said...

Wow, great pull. There's no better feeling than opening a Topps packing and seeing your reflection in that hologram sticker -- especially because in most Topps products, a good 'graph is so hard to find.

Kevin said...

William: a good 'graph is hard to find in Topps products? My Nyjer Morgan auto begs to...um...okay, you have a point.

darkship said...

Weak or not I'll take him!! Got a chuckle from another message board guy bought and opened a CASE of Heritage and only pulled two auto, guess I beat those odds!

Mr. RedSox said...

Great pull. It is really hard to pull anything like that from retail packs. I had to stop buying them because it seemed all I ever got was commons. I think the best thing I ever pulled from a retail was a refractor.

Captain Canuck said...

weak or not....
a HOF auto is a very sweeeeet auto....

dayf said...

Niiiiice! Maz signs a lot for Topps but it's sweet to pull stuff like that no matter who it is.

Steve Gierman said...

It just goes to show that you can pull nice cards from retail.

Jason T. Carter said...

I'll give you a dollar for it. LOL

GCA said...

Nice. I got #56/59 from one of the three hobby boxes I opened!

Luke said...

being from the same town bill graduated from, it's always great to see any card of Maz. A true legend in the ohio valley