Wednesday, January 23, 2013

1993 Cardz William Shatner's TekWorld

Springing forth from William Shatner's TekWar book series were many things: Branded bop bags, an ill-fated licorice product, children's sheet and pillowcase sets, a television series, and a chain of animatronic pizza palaces. Foremost among these, however, was TekWorld, a comic book published by Marvel. These are those cards.
Let's tear in.

Top to Bottom:
40 (There are no names for each card scene, so I'll give them my own based on the picture.) Grace Jones: Dare to Fly
41 The Day the Earth Took Pills
42 Hairscaping by Guile
43 Robinson JanSport on Mars
84 "This Tanning Bed Has an 11-Minute Limit"
85 I Spy With My Little Eye…
86 Ineffective Close-Quarters Combat
I don't know about you, but I'm not a big fan of a mostly sequential pack of cards. Not sure what sort of story these were trying to tell, and I'm not going to make an effort to find out.

No comments: