Friday, August 28, 2009

2009 O-Pee-Chee Blaster Pack

Blaster pack number four.
Vernon Wells - It's official: I like the lighter colored background on the studio poses, though I think they pop more with a black-bordered card.

David Weathers - Pitching in his 19th season this year, with an ERA+ of 103 in 1350 IP.

Clint Barmes - This card has a dark gray background, therefore I don't like it.

Atlanta Braves Team Checklist (Black Border) - I hate Turner Field. It's one big advertisement delivery vehicle. Count the number of ads you see here. Eight big ones, plus Mitsubishi gets their name and logo on the bottom of the big screen. I'd rather go to a high school game where I can just watch baseball. And save $100.

Kevin Jepsen - I think this is a rookie card, but it's hard to be sure.

Nomar Garciaparra - Married a world-class soccer player, so he pretty much wins, even if he's not all that great at baseball anymore. Look, he doesn't even remember the right way to hold a bat.

I need to have a talk with my scanner about how to discover the bottom edge of a card.

If anyone cares about these codes, leave a comment. Otherwise, I'll stop scanning them.

No comments: