Saturday, August 08, 2009

Cali vs World contest - Pack 7

Wally Joyner - Run Wally!
Ed Hearn - Chalksmoke > Dirtsmoke.
Ed Olwine
Reid Nichols
Tim Teufel
Jamie Quirk (Whittier, CA)
Mike Stanley
Cecil Cooper
Bob Forsch (Sacramento)
Fred Manrique (Venezuela)
Todd Worrell (Arcadia, CA)
Joel Skinner (La Jolla, CA) - This pack is so bad that Joel appears to be attempting to smash his way out of the card so as to avoid being a part of it.
Floyd Rayford
Dale Sveum (Richmond, CA)
Jeff Russell - Jeff is LOL at how bad this pack is.
Larry Herndon
Wes Gardner
Ron Robinson (Exeter, CA)
Frank Viola - Finally, some Sweet Music.
Paul Noce (San Fran)
Mike Easler
Wally Ritchie (Glendale, CA)
Ken Williams (Berkeley, CA) - This is the very first card I have of a future MLB GM as a player. In fact, I don't think I've seen one of another GM. Also: Birmingham on the Back.
Mark Ciardi
Ken Phelps
Nolan Ryan - Only the Ryan Express could save this pack from utter decrepitude.
Dave Dravecky - The whole hat looks like an airbrush job. I think it's a metaphor for how lousy this pack is.
Larry Sheets

Results:

Cali - 9
World - 1
Cali erases any doubt of their eventual victory. The only question is what the final margin will be. We currently stand at Cali 43, World 23, with one Bama Boy.

2 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

No 'bama boys.. I'm telling ya.. that last pack was a pinch hitter.

skoormit said...

I've already shown irrefutable proof that the '89 pack was in the original set. You'd have to think that I opened and logged all of these before I posted the first one, AND that I had a spare '89 Topps Cello laying around, AND that I took the picture first, then opened it and found out it had a Bama Boy. Or maybe I had a bunch of '89 Cellos, and I kept taking pictures and ripping packs until I hit a Bama Boy. Ah, forget it, I'm going to start talking to Ocean here.