Monday, May 26, 2008

2006 Topps Heritage Football


Yesterday I got to Target on just the right day. A new batch of past-due cheapie packs had just hit the shelves with their former $2.99 retail price slashed to $1.59. And with my 10% off card, they came to about $1.43 apiece. Here is the first of my packs.

Yes, it's football, but it's not from this year, so it doesn't fall under my "two-football-packs-a-year" rule.

Let's tear in.

Top to Bottom:
137 Joey Harrington (Right away I know why no one bought this pack. Any prospective buyer must have gotten a bad vibe from holding it, came to their senses, and put it back. Have you ever seen a player look more scared shitless on a card?
Dolphins Coach: Harrington, you're in!
Joey Harrington: XXXXXXXXXXXXX

273 John Lynch
TN2 Then and Now Chuck Bednarik/Brian Urlacher
TN3 Then and Now Y.A. Tittle/Drew Brees (Wow, two inserts, one pack. Makes me wonder what Drew's views on soft-serve are.)

306 Peter Boulware
291 Courtney Anderson
42 Ben Watson
41 Isaac Bruce
389 Matt Schaub

Grade: B
Two more-or-less scrub QB's bookend this pack. Eerily enough, while Schaub now plays for Houston, Harrington took his place in Atlanta. The two inserts were a nice surprise, especially since they were seeded 1:8 packs. Everything else is kind of blah, but I did get 9 cards in an 8-card pack. Ned Flanders would have returned one of the cards to the store. I won't. I'll just be content with this sticker book.

1 comment:

dayf said...

Joey Harrington AND Matt Schaub in the same pack?

If anyone needs me I'll be curled up in the fetal position weeping in the corner.