Thursday, May 08, 2008

Repack Box Remorse: Chapter 1

Was looking at blaster boxes at my local Wal-Mart (one of two in the area) and couldn't find any Upper Deck or Heritage, so to fill my hankerin' for some rectangular cardboard, I picked up a box of 16 mixed packs for $19.95 plus a Bonus Item. Bonus Items could be keychains, wristbands, cards or other odd items. After reading about so many of these repack boxes turning out to be worthless, I should have turned and run out the door. But no, a pack of 2005 UD All-Star Classics was looking back at me. This is a set I have been curious about since I saw this post. There were a couple other moderately interesting packs showing in the other three windows, so I got it.

Needless to say, the rest of what was inside was rather disappointing. I am not going to post everything at once, but will show them in subsequent posts. As an intro, here is the first one, a Tristar Uncover The Babe pack. I stole the wrapper image from --David.

Inside I got these:

1984 Steve Carlton - OK, HOF pitcher, semi-vintage card...
1984 Garry Templeton - Some corner damage. Makes you wonder where they get these.
1986 Jerry Hairston
1987 John Moses - who?
1990 Leaf Dante Bichette
and the last card shown is the Bonus Item - Royal Rookies auto of Pirates prospect Aron Weston.

At least it wasn't a wristband.

1 comment:

dayf said...

Lefty's cool, but I hate when they put these Tristar junk packs in repack boxes. I'd rather see a pack of 88 Donruss or hell, even some Pokemon.