Monday, May 12, 2008

2007 Topps '52 Rookies

I guess I'm still opening this stuff because I'm still living in the baseball season of 2007 (the early part of it, at least) because my Brewers are failing to live up to their 2008 potential. If Eric Gagne came to my house for dinner, he might very well get served, but he would not receive any coffee.

Why?

Because coffee is for closers!

Let's tear in, before Gagne blows another save.

Top to Bottom:
92 Devern Hansack
105 Kyle Kendrick

DF4 Carlos Delgado Debut Flashbacks (My my, does he look funny in that hat!)

169 Daniel Barone
156 Patrick Misch
131 Garrett Olson

Fock it, I'm tossing this pack aside in search of those good Glengarry leads.

6 comments:

shoeboxlegends said...

I had to watch Gagne blow save after save for the Red Sox last season. I'm still astonished that Milwaukee paid him 12 million after the year he had. I hope for your sake they've got another closer in the ranks.

Chris Harris said...

A -- Always
B -- Be
C -- Collecting

Words to live by.

dayf said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dayf said...

Oh, that Gagne thing is probably my fault. When he fooled around and threw a meatball to Blalock in the All-Star Game and blew John Smoltz' chance at a save I cursed him from the blackest depths of my soul. Sorry 'bout that.

I won't remove the curse until Smoltz gets his All-Star save, so don't even ask.

Chuck said...

Is that Garrett Olson or Denis Leary???

tastelikedirt said...

Gange says he doesn't want to close anymore.