Saturday, May 03, 2008

Vintage Sports Cards Authentic Jersey&Card Set


While at the local Wal-Mart yesterday, I saw these hanging on the display rack in the card section. For $7.97 you get a "Framed Jersey/Card Set" item and three packs of cards. Given the price of packs lately, I figured it was an okay deal.

If you decide to buy one of these things, please note: the packaging is GLUED to the hilt! How I didn't tear the stuff inside to shreds is still a mystery. Well, as you can see below, I pulled an Upper Deck Piazza card with a jersey swatch. I don't know if you can tell, but on the back, there is a place where you could pull out a little stand and display your item. There is also a "The enclosed piece of jersey was obtained from an Authentic Jersey from the player pictured on the front. This Authentic Jersey was obtained from The Upper Deck Company." So, evidently, UD has a bunch of swatches that will never make into patch cards, and these are for sale to the right people... Interesting...


The three packs that were included with this little gem are: Topps 2007 Opening Day, 2007 Fleer Ultra, and a 3-section rack pack of 2007 Topps Series 2. Since this is "A-Pack-A-Day," I figured I would open one of the packs and post the results here. So, after a very scientific selection process (generally referred to as 'randomization selection'), here are the cards from the 2007 Fleer Ultra:

Jon Garland, Jhonny Peralta (Hey, a Triber!), Carl Crawford, Freddy Sanchez, Jesus Flores, and an entry card for the 2008 All-Star Game. All I have to do is enter the code and I could win a trip to NYC and be an MVP at the HRD (that's Home Run Derby)...

Sidebar: I have yet to hear from Evan who wanted the auto'd card from one of my previous posts. Evan if you are reading, email me (read the comments from that other post). Thanks!

3 comments:

Cuziken said...

Does anyone know how much these cards are worth?

JeremyLG said...

I was wondering the same thing. I got a Hank Aaron Authentic Jersey card, trying to get some idea if its worth anything.

It looks like the Mike Piazza, and the front of the card says, Hank Aaron passed Babe Ruth to become baseball's all time Home Run King.

The jersey patch is light brown.

JSmart73 said...

I was wondering the pricing on these too. I bought several packs and pulled two Mickey Mantles, one Hank Aaron, one 87' Topps McGwire rookie card, Tony Gwynn, Sammy Sosa, Mike Mussina, Barry Bonds and a Garciaparra. Any idea anyone?