Wednesday, May 28, 2008

2008 Bowman

I was supposed to be opening a pack of Topps Series two here tonight, but my regular card shop hadn't received them yet when I was there today. I wasn't going to wait around for a UPS truck just for base Topps but I had to buy a pack to get my free Trading Card History card. I used to just get a pack of Opening Day since it was a buck but they ran out. Bowman was the cheapest pack they had so I got it. I may as well rip the sucker here...

54 Chris Young
38 Garrett Atkins
97 Matt Cain
216 Nick Blackburn RC
162 Rocco Baldelli
BP40 Jose Duarte
BP88 Luis Munoz
BCP99 Brad Harman
BCP88 Luis Munoz Refractor #332/599
191 Curtis Granderson gold

I have bought three hobby packs of 2008 Bowman and every pack had both the base and chrome version for one of the prospects in it. At least this time the Chrome was a refractor. Luis Munoz was signed out of the Dominican Republic in 2000 and is currently pitching for Triple-A Indianapolis. He's on the Pirates' 40-man roster so that's something I guess. The veteran players are a really hard luck lot. Granderson's production is way off from last year's just like of the rest of the Tigers. Atkins is fighting a stiff neck and back spasms. Matt Cain pitches for the Giants which is terribly unfortunate. I don't even want to talk about poor Rocco Baldelli's plight. Nick Blackburn is doing pretty well for himself though, he's locked down a spot in the Twins rotation and is doing quite well for a surprisingly competitive team. I'm not too concerned with the base cards though, I just want to stare at my refractor.

Wooooooooooo........ Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiny!

No comments: