Saturday, August 16, 2008

2007 Topps Opening Day

My son recently spent a few days with his great-Aunt. During his stay, she bought him a 'snack pack' that had some peanuts, crackers, Cracker Jacks, and baseball cards in it. After he ate the snacks and opened the pack, he decided to give me the cards since he has not quite developed my habit (despite my best efforts!). The cards in the pack were actually not too bad at all....


First up, we have Robinson Cano (Yankees), Tom Gordon (Phillies), AJ Burnett (Blue Jays), and Brandon Webb (D-Backs)



Next we have Julio Lugo (Red Sox), Glen Perkins (Twins), Randy Johnson (D-Backs), and Jim Thome (White Sox). Thome and Johnson in the same pack - NICE!



Finally, we have Ian Kinsler (Rangers), Jason Giambi (Yankees), and Hideki Matsui (Yankees).


Is it just me, or were there a lot of Yankees in that pack?? Overall, a very nice pack - especially since my teen-aged son took a moment to think of his old man.... Now, THAT'S guaranteed scarce! :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My appreciation for this set has grown over time. It has a lot to do with the mascots, but the white design just worked so much better than the black last year.

madding said...

No mascots in that pack? Every pack I've seen has had at least two of them. They annoy me, actually, but I wouldn't mind a Fredbird card.