Thursday, August 14, 2008

2007 Topps Football

Hey folks. This is my first post on here, so I thought I might introduce myself. My name is Jared Pierce aka Jrod. I am 16 and I am from Charlotte, North Carolina. I've been collecting for about 5 or 6 years and I also like to play Guitar Hero and Rock Band. I like to mainly buy a bunch of random packs, either in repack blisters or boxes, or random hobby packs from my local hobby shop(in Harrisburg. :P). I do get full blaster boxes or hobby boxes once in a while, just not often. Anyways, this is the first time since I've been granted contributer status on here that I've had the chance to get cards. I went to Concord Mills and, after getting owned in Tekken 5 twice, I bought a 3 pack repack blister and a 10 pack repack box of football(total cost was $15). This should keep me for a week or two. I'll start with the top pack in the blister: 2007 Topps. On to the pack.

Carnell "Cadillac" Williams
Ehh. He's okay, but not spectacular recently.

Matt Leinart
He hasn't been too good either recently. Maybe he'll be great this year.

Devery Henderson
Pretty good reciever.

"Big" Ben Roethlisberger
Since the Super Bowl 40 triumph, he has fallen off a good ways. Maybe he'll pick back up this year.

Edgerrin James
Rubbish ever since he got to Arizona. He won't come close to what he was in Indy.

Hines Ward
He's good. Possibly the best player in the pack so far.

Checklist 2 of 3
GOD, I hate checklists SO MUCH.

Alex Smith
Close to being a draft bust, unless he picks it up starting this year.

Reggie Wayne
Second good player in the pack and the third reciever so far. Maybe I'll get all offensive players in this pack....

Brandon Mebane RC
I spoke too soon. Note to self: NEVER predict how a pack is gonna go.

Calvin Johnson RC
NICE! Too bad he didnt exactly have the greatest year ever last year. Hey, it's a good rookie at least.

Yamon Figurs RC
You forgot the e in your name, Yamon. Plus, you also forgot to give the better rookies in the draft class all of your nice multi-colored patches.

Overall, not a bad pack. A couple stars and a Calvin Johnson. Note that I got only 1 defensive player in that pack. This helps my theory of these packs that they put in these repack things being pack searched. But, whatever. I like the variety of these things.

No comments: