Saturday, August 16, 2008

2008 Upper Deck Goudey

Wal-Mart has single packs of 2008 UD Goudey on the rack, so I picked up a pack today. Why not, right?


I kinda like the design, but I hate the stupid "Griffey says..." and "Jeter says..." I mean, if you are going to have that on the card, then maybe they should actually, oh I don't know, SAY something! Oh well, let's get to the cards. We've got Russell Martin (Dodgers), Tony Perez (Reds), and Scott Kazmir (Rays).


The next trio includes Tim Lincecum (Giants - with a last name that will haunt him forever in bowels of innuendo baseball names), Bob Feller (Indians - SUH-WEET! A HOFer Triber!), and Dan Haren (D-Backs).


Finally, we have Josh Hamilton (Rangers) holding a beer bottle at us, and Lefty Gomez (Yankees) on a Yankee Stadium Legacy card. Evidently, UD couldn't package all 9 billion of these dumb things in their other products, so they include them in a set that has nothing to do with the Legacy cards. Brilliant.

No comments: