Thursday, August 21, 2008

It's FOOTBALL season!

That's right sports fans. It's the most wonderful time of the year. No. Not Sports Illustrated Swimsuit time. It's football season. And what better way to celebrate than ripping open an 18 year old pack of football cards. Send the women and children to bed... it's time for 1990 Score football.

16 cards per pack. And what wonderful cards they are....

First up, Buccaneers receiver Mark Carrier celebrating one of four touchdowns that Tampa score that year.

Gotta love the popsicle orange uni's!

Next we have J! E! T! S! Jets! Jets! JETS!
oh. wait. it's a punter. Nice facemask.
This pack is horrible.

A ray of hope. Joe Montana All Pro card. Never really liked him, but you can't argue success. Too bad about the "Kansas City" years though.... (are you listening Brett?)

Cleveland Gary - Rams
Dan Fike - Browns
Jesse Sapolu - 49'ers
Damn. Who are these guys?
It's Marvel vs. DC ! No. It's Karl Mecklenburg doing his best Juggernaught impersonation.



Mike Prior - Colts (remember when the Colts couldn't win a game, even when the other team didn't show? This is one of those guys.)
Darren Comeaux - Seahawks
Here to save the day from the evil Karl Mecklinburg is..... Tim Harris?

what is with this stuff?
wow. I can't go on. That's enough. The mercy rule is invoked. But on the plus side, fantasy football is starting as well.
Anyone interested in joining up, send me an email, or post a comment here. (I'm looking at you dayf. Someone has to take all the Falcons and Titans that go undrafted every year.)
The live draft is set for Monday night.




5 comments:

madding said...

That is going to give me nightmares. I have boxes full of that stuff. Well, a lot of it is Pro Set... actually, TONS of it is Pro Set. agh.

dayf said...

Yep, I've got tons of this stuff too.

Football season does not officially start until Georgia and Georgia Southern meet in 9 days.

William said...

Who's Cleveland Gary? Who's Jessie Sapolu? What, were you only born 15 years ago or something? Those guys were decent players.

The Football Card Blog said...

Love the Bucs creamsicle orange jerseys.

Best Dan Fike moment of my life:

At a preseason game, I'm in row 2, Fike is on the sidelines standing next to someone named Jones late in the game, when a guy behind us stands up and yells at the top of his lungs:

"Hey Fike, you suck! Hey Jones, Fike says you're ugly!"

Dumb, yes--but I Was at the age where I thought it was hilarious at the time.

--David said...

Sign me up for your fantasy league. I'll let you know now that I have always sucked at FF, but the other people in the league do amazingly well because of my lack of skill....