Tuesday, August 12, 2008

2007/2008 Topps Match Attax

Hiya, I'm John from the UK. I asked Ben if I could join in-so here I am. Although I am a baseball card collector, I thought I would do my first post on something very English- Premiership football (soccer to you).
I would think there are maybe some of you who view this site who are interested in soccer. I know that Thorzul follows Everton and I've seen Chris Harris wear a Fulham shirt. Besides the fact that three of the bigger clubs are owned by Americans.
Manchester United by Malcolm Glazer,
Aston Villa by Randy Learner and
Liverpool by George Gillett and Tom Hicks. Who have incidentally fallen out over the running of the club.

Fulham has the largest contingent of American born players-Eddie Johnson, Clint Dempsey, Carlos Bocanegra and Brian McBride.

There are 360 players to collect. There are some parallels to collect called Star Players and Man of the Match. They cost 35p (70cents) a pack. It's also a card game with defense and attack points. (beats me?)

Onto the cards.

Pack 1

Hayden Mullins West Ham
Robert Malcolm Derby County
Liam Ridgewell Birmingham
Tal Ben-Haim Chelsea
Victor Anichebe Everton
Michael Johnson Derby County

Pack 2
Frank Lampard Chelsea 'Star player'
Luke Moore Aston Villa
John O'Shea Manchester United
Philippe Senderos Arsenal
Ryan Nielsen Blackburn Rovers
Michael Ballack Chelsea

So there is my first post done. No big players except maybe Lampard, Senderos and Ballack. If your interested in any packs just send a message and I'm sure I can send some out.
Hope you enjoyed!

6 comments:

Captain Canuck said...

welcome fellow APAD blogger... keep that football coming!
We Canadians love football, chips, Lucy Pinder, the Queen, etc...

darkship said...

Great post! Thanks. I love football(soccer) but don't get the chance to watch much of it. I think I only knew three or four of those names. Have to say I'm a Fulham fan but glad to see they cleaned house a bit for this next year! Let's hope it keeps them out of the relegation spots and towards the top a bit more!

darkship said...

Couldn't get your email to come up so I'll throw it up here. I'd love to get some GOOD soccer cards over here in the UA of A. Let me know and I'll send some funds over!

tshipler@studentloan.org or darkship@hotmail.com

Jrod said...

Nice stuff. I'm a pretty big soccer fan. I actually played it for four years when I was a few years younger(and about 80 pounds lighter. :P).

Chris Harris said...

YES!!! KEEP THE FOOTIE PACKS COMING!!!

Oh and...

COME ON YOU WHITES!!!

Steve Gierman said...

Awesome first post!