Monday, August 04, 2008

2008 Upper Deck A Piece of History

After reading a couple of posts on this stuff I had no intention of picking any up, but somehow I left the card shop with a pack of it in my bag. Might as well open it...

49 - Andruw Jones - Man is this guy having an absolutely terrible year. One decision that I'm sure the Dodgers are sorry they made.
75 - Chase Utley
10 - Chipper Jones - I can't put my finger on it, but for some reason the design for this set just isn't doing it for me.
SS4 - Stadium Scenes - Turner Field - Chipper Jones - #576/699 - OK, this pack was officially meant to be opened by dayf.
172 - USS Enterprise - I think the historical moment cards are probably the reason I picked up a pack of this stuff, but this is not one of the ones I was hoping for...
130 - Ian Kennedy - This has already been mentioned, but the way ROOKIE is written down both sides of each card just makes for an awful looking piece of cardboard.
177 - Boston Tea Party - No Red Sox cards in this pack, but at least I pulled the Boston Tea Party. Hopefully those are boxes of Earl Grey going over the side of the ship. Earl Grey is a horrible tea.
102 - Bill Murphy

I don't know what I was thinking purchasing this pack, and I got pretty much what I expected. I won't be buying any more of these, if anyone needs them they're all available for trade (except for the Boston Tea Party).

2 comments:

dayf said...

Hey man, I'll take it... Tell me what you want for it.

Slette said...

Who/what do you collect? I'll trade you something for the Ian Kennedy.