Wednesday, August 27, 2008

2008 Allen & Ginter N43

Next up on the box topper tour is some Allen & Ginter N43 packs. These are throwbacks to the large sized cards released by Allen & Ginter in 1887. These cards have been in all three Topps A&G sets, and all three include Ryan Zimmerman. Three Zimmermans and no Chipper. Grrrrrr. In the lot I bought I got Ryan and three unopened packs. Here's one of the three.

What secrets are you hiding Old Planter?


Hanley Ramirez, he'd be a solid MVP candidate if Albert Pujols wasn't completely destroying the league right now. Hanley is only 2 homers and a stolen base away from joining Grady Sizemore in the 30-30 club this year. I love the old timey border on this design that was swiped from the original Allen & Ginter set. The good news is I now have a third of this insert set. The bad news is I'm probably going to try to complete it now. Maybe I should finish off the 2006 and 2007 sets first.

1 comment:

Captain Canuck said...

If you need Prince Fielder... I got him. LMK.