Saturday, May 23, 2009

2009 Topps Attax


Yes, I gave in. I have no excuses. Oh, I tried to come with a few such as, "I've been busting a lot of oddball stuff for APTBNL," or "I was standing in the line at Wally World and it just... spoke to me..." or "Hey! How about the newest baseball-themed TCG!!" But, really, I just walked over, picked the pack, and threw it on the conveyor. And this is my penance (as opposed to pennants).



Justin Upton (Diamondbacks) and Kevin Kouzmanoff (Padres) start things off. The cards are colorful and I actually like the pictures on them. I have never played the game or bought a starter box or whatever, so I only have a vague idea as to what the numbers are for across the bottom.



Yunel Escobar (Braves), Albert Pujols (Code Card - Cardinals) and Bobby Abreu (Foil Hot Streak - Yankees) come up next. The packs have 10 cards and collectors are 'promised' one foil and one code per pack. I thought about blanking the code, but really, why spoil someone's fun? Have at it.



Javier Vazquez (Braves), Edinson Volquez (Reds), and Lastings Milledge (Nationals) usher in the middle of the pack, or the not-quite-end of it anyway. The card backs are red with "Topps Attax" in huge letters and the team's logo. There's also to the toppstown.com address for good measure.



Vernon Wells (Blue Jays) and Rick Ankiel (Cardinals) finish out the lineup. If Topps could figure out something else to put in place of the three stats at the bottom, these wouldn't be too awful for base-set cards.

No comments: