Saturday, September 27, 2008

2004 Fleer Platinum

I found one of these among those stupid discounted packs of non-sports cards at the Target closest to my house. It's specifically retail, so I'm not holding my breath for either of the "Two Game-Used Levels." Not sure what that means, but at least it's not "Game-Used Layers." The layer of clothing closest to the skin below the waist and above the knees needs to be kept off of all MLB relic cards. Write your local congressperson to ensure this.

Let's tear in.

Top to Bottom:
22 Jack Wilson (Old uniform present and accounted for. Hairlip, bucktooth thing not visible.)

34 Joe Randa (Milwaukee native.)
167 Morgan Ensberg Unsung Heroes

127 Bobby Abreu
197 Rickie Weeks/Adam Morrissey (Nice, one of last night's heroes.)

117 Mike Cameron (Excellent, a current Brewer with a Mariners jersey and a Mets logo. The perfect photo to showcase his outfield play.)

182 Greg Myers Unsung Heroes

Grade: B+
I got two 2008 Brewers, which is great. The borrows the look of 1984 Fleer, which is my second-favorite 1980s Fleer set (after 1985). My Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test uses this question as a guideline: "Would I have tried to collect this set if I had been collecting in (insert year here)?" Probably, but who knows?

If you want a biased take on the playoff races...

No comments: