Monday, September 22, 2008

2007 SP Legendary Cuts

I've always wanted to buy a pack of this stuff but it was too dang expensive. During my wax binge I found a box of them for five bucks a pop. Still expensive for 4 cards, but I love the set and since Upper Deck totally screwed up this year's product by relegating the legends cards to a short print '07 is probably the last year I would want to buy anyway. I grabbed one of the packs out of the box and then watched as someone who got to the box before me pull a Nolan Ryan jersey of some sort. Oh well. Next time I won't spend so much time going through the box full of early '80s commons. I made dang sure big hit guy didn't get any '82 Fleer commons that afternoon, that's for sure!

55 Casey Stengel
83 Juan Marichal
47 Ralph Kiner
61 Don Mattingly


Ok, five bucks is a little pricey for four base cards.


But can you name one thing wrong with the four cards I pulled?

Didn't think so. I think the ol' Perfesser has some some words of wisdom about this expensive non-hit pack:

You gotta lose 'em some of the time. When you do, lose 'em right.

No comments: