Tuesday, September 16, 2008

2005 Upper Deck Classics


Continuing with my Hobby pack binge from this weekend is another pack of 2005 Upper Deck Classics. I've been picking up a pack of this stuff every time I hit this dealer. This is my fourth or fifth pack and since the guy only shows up once or twice a month, you can tell that these packs don't sell very well. I ripped one with an Eddie Mathews wrapper a couple of months ago, I chose Don Drysdale this time. Let's see how my luck holds out...


15 Brooks Robinson
75 Pee Wee Reese
42 Harmon Killebrew
96 Warren Spahn
MA-RY Robin Yount
99 Willie Stargell
63 Kevin Mitchell
53 Joe Morgan
51 Joe Carter

Pretty dang good pack, I would say. Spahnnie and Pops are two of my favorite players. If you don't like Pee Wee Reese, you don't like baseball. Killer's another fine pull. Yeah I got Joe, but that adds that little touch of bitterness that enhances the flavor of a dish. Gives the pack a consistent flavor if you really concetrate on it. I don't know why I don't just pick up a box of this stuff. two relics and an auto per box and the set is filled with stars. I can pick up one right now for under 50 bucks and it doesn't look like anyone's going to release an All-Legends set this year anyway. Speaking of relics, here's what you've been waiting for:

Finally pulled a jersey out of one of these packs. A really good one too! Robin Yount with a stripe even! This was the lone pack I ripped at the table and oddly enough, the seller told me that the other relic that came out of that box was... Robin Yount with a stripe. The exact same card. Hmmm, maybe I don't want to buy a box after all. Especially since I bought this from the same seller who pulled it out of another UD Classics box last year:

Oops. How many Yount jerseys did Upper Deck wreck anyway? The dumb thing is I almost sent that card to Thorzul in his trade contest, but I figured he already had it. Shoulda sent it, even though it wouldn't have kept me from coming in third in the contest.

No comments: