Saturday, September 13, 2008

2004 Upper Deck Power Up!

To continue this weekend's "big heads" trend, I found a discounted pack of Power Up!, an Upper Deck brand that would have felt at home in the early 1990s. I got a Jenkins in trade a few weeks ago, perhaps I can snag another Brewer.

Let's tear in.

Top to Bottom:
77 Darin Erstad
39 Ivan Rodriguez (Marlins jersey, Detroit logo.)

74 Preston Wilson
25 Ryan Klesko
83 Alex Rodriguez (Rangers jersey, New York logo.)

56 Rocco Baldelli
33 Carlos Beltran
77 Darin Erstad Purple Parallel (Has a "250 points" designation on the back, where all other players count for 10.)

ST-78 Mike Sweeney Shining Through (Likeness rendered in normal body proportions.)

Hmmm, two guys named Rodriguez and two Erstads. Wish I liked Erstad. And that Rocco Baldelli is an inspiring story. I'm just glad I don't have his fatigue thing, 'cause I need to stay up and watch the Wisconsin/Fresno St. game that hasn't even started yet. College football season is fun. You can watch twelve straight hours of football most Saturdays if you'd like, fifteen if Hawaii is hosting a night game.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Am I the only one creeped out by the big heads?