Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Two Pints of Lager and Five Packets of Stickers

Like I mentioned before, The Hobby in Europe consists mainly of cheap base sets (which double as CCGs) and stickers. I loved the old Panini baseball stickers from the 80s and if there's one thing from the 80s I wish the powers that be would bring back, it's stickers.

It's been about 20 years since I've opened a pack of stickers, so imagine my excitement when John in the UK sent me five packets of 2007/08 Merlin EPL stickers.

The set consists of 648 stickers, and like the sticker sets of the 80s, it came with a matching album for you to paste the stickers in. Each packet comes with six stickers (one of which is oversized).

1 comment:

Joe Martelli Jr. said...

I can picture in my head, a bunch of summer tooth blokes sittin' around the pub drinking Guiness pasting these stickers into an album. Seriously though, how many people out there used Panini stickers as a gateway drug to card collecting. I know I did.