Tuesday, September 09, 2008

2004 Topps Cracker Jack Baseball

I don't know about you but I am a complete sucker when it comes to retro themed and oddball sets. I was reading a blog about a guy who is trying to collect cards that were given away with dog food!
So this was of some interest. I knew Cracker Jacks from the song 'Take me out to the ball game' as in buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks.
But in the UK it is unknown snack.
This particular set is a recreation of the 1915 Cracker Jack brand Baseball Card Set, complete with JACK and BINGO. I presume the original cards were included in boxes of Cracker Jacks which were more than likely eaten by children rather than cards inside tobacco products that were eaten by adults.
I bought two packs, on one of the packs it says $2.99.
It includes 8 cards plus 1 secret surprise.
The pack includes

12 Cornelius J. McGillicuddy
WOW, no wonder he changed his name.

15 Bret Boone Seattle Mariners

21 Paul Lo Duca Los Angeles

22 Geoff Jenkins Milwaukee

82 Xavier Nady San Diego

120 Pedro Martinez Boston

138 Sandy Alomar Arizona

143 Wade Miller Houston


And the Secret Surprise!!!!



138 Sandy Alomar Sticker and a checklist 1 of 2!
Oh well, maybe next time.
Hope you enjoyed.

No comments: