Sunday, March 01, 2009

2009 Topps Commemorative Patch Pack

I held out on buying any more '09 Topps until I saw what they were putting in their blasters. Each box at Target will contain one "Retired Legend Commemorative Patch Card." I know there are a lot of people out there who frown upon manufactured patches, and I understand how they feel when those are coming out of high-end boxes. When it comes out of a low-end retail product, you have to take a look at the past and compare.
Last year: Eric Chavez.
This year: Babe? Gehrig? Ripken?
Looks like a no-brainer to me.

Let's tear in.

#LPR-37 Carl Yastrzemski Commemorating the 1972 MLB All-Star Game in Atlanta

Pretty neat card, if you ask me. The logo is very typical 1970s graphic design in appearance. Think 1973 8-cent LOVE stamp. Of perhaps Spokane World's Fair (Expo) in 1974.
I like it, but maybe I'm just too hungry for real baseball to start to think clearly.

1 comment:

dayf said...

Name your price.

I have a big pile of Owichenko cards if you wanted to build an Owicheiffel Tower.