Sunday, August 03, 2008

2007 Topps Series Two

If you read my Orioles blog, you know that I had a slightly harrowing car-related dilemma on Friday. In the midst of all of the hub-bub, I walked to Target and bought myself the cheapest repack I could find, again from Fairfield. It was a blister pack of 100 assorted cards, but the one I grabbed had a six-card pack of 2007 Topps Series Two contained within, with Big Papi's smiling mug. Let's rip that business!

425 Tomo Ohka - Possibly the most obscure public figure to ever be referenced on the Simpsons.

381 Ronny Paulino

HP10 Chipper Jones Hit Parade - #11 Active Career Home Runs Leader (357 Homers). Ooh, shiny...but how can he be card #10 if he ranks #11? I'm guessing Sammy Sosa was omitted, since he had taken 2006 off. As an Oriole fan, I can assure you that he took 2005 off as well, but never you mind.
Larry Wayne Jones by you.
Be the MVP in NYC filler card - Hey, I could win a trip to the 2008 All-Star Game! Aw, raspberries.

387 Nate Robertson - He would be a much better pitcher if he switched to Rec Specs. I apologize if I've said this before, but I am getting on in years. My memory isn't what it once was.

416 Mark Redman - Ah yes, one of a string of ridiculous Obligatory Royals All-Stars.

435 Felix Hernandez - He's on my fantasy team, but I'm so very glad the O's beat him last night. Nuts to conflicts of interest.

Well, it's hard to assess such a small pack of a base product. I got one very talented young pitcher and a shiny insert of a future Hall of Famer, so thumbs up anyway.

1 comment:

dayf said...

I've already got that Chipper, Kevin. Send it off to Captain Canuck.