Sunday, July 27, 2008

1988 Topps Big


In 1988, Topps thought it would be a good idea to reach out to kids. Someone in marketing said, "BIGGER CARDS!" and it was so. Someone else said, "COMICS ON THE BACK!" and it was so. And another said, "SEVEN IS A GREAT NUMBER!" Thus, there are seven cards per pack. Finally, a street vendor happened along and said, "Hey, wanna buy some shirts?" Hence, the Topps Store peddled "Toppswear" through standard-sized cards included in the packs.

I thought about how I wanted to post these, and I believe I will let them stand on their own. I will say, before we going, that I actually managed to get a pretty good pack of players!!

Enjoy the 1988 Topps Big Baseball Cards:

























3 comments:

William said...

I love how, on the back comics, the black and white players were drawn with the same skin tone.

--David said...

LOL, evidently they only had the "Flesh" crayon in their box...

Jason T. Carter said...

I bought several boxes of these a few months ago, and I'm only missing one card from series three to complete the set...McGwire. I haven't looked anywhere for one, but I have tons of doubles of almost every other player.