Thursday, July 31, 2008

2008 A Piece of History

Yeah, I got another pack of this stuff. It's kind of growing on me. Like athlete's foot.


124 Jonathan Meloan RC
180 Led Zeppelin
136 Nyjer Morgan RC
TM-46 Ichiro Timeless Moments
BSM-42 Bobby Abreu Box Score Memories #12/25
8 Tom Glavine
47 Vlad Guerrero
73 Ryan Howard
99 Chad Cordero

I've gotten two packs of A Piece of History and pulled 2 relic cards. Why can't I have this luck with Goudey or Allen & Ginter? I guess it's some sort of variation since it's numbered to 25. Blue foil, I guess. I like how the box score doesn't even have the stolen base stat that's honored on the card. Any Bobby Abreu fans out there? Anyone? Beuller? Not only is there a jersey but a numbered Ichiro insert as well. It's kind of embarrassing actually. The Glavine card is cool because they used a photo from this year's spring training. No photoshop or Mets unis, thankfully. The rest of the pack is good too, Vladdy, Ryan Howard, a couple of rookies and the Hindenberg. That's the only disaster in this pack. Ok, Chad Cordero's a bit of a mess right now, but he's a closer. If a closer can remain effective and uninjured for over a year and a half nowadays they're some sort of freak of nature.

5 comments:

AlbuqwirkE said...

What's that Led Zeppelin card all about?

dayf said...

It's me making an obtuse joke about the Hindenburg. You can see the card in my Archives rip from a couple weeks back.

AlbuqwirkE said...

Ah yes... now I see that confounded card.

Thanks!

Slette said...

I'm an Abreu fan... doubt I have anything worth a crap you'd be interested in though

dayf said...

Make an offer, e-mail's in profile. I'm a braves fan, so any Atlanta cards are good. Even if you don't have any Braves cards, I might take another jersey for it. If you don't have any cards at all, offer me a DVD or a graphic novel or something. Who knows, I might take it.