Thursday, July 17, 2008

2008 Topps Co-Signers Baseball

This is the pack readers at Thorzul Will Rule voted against last week. It's the Gore/Kerry ticket of packs. Let's call it An Inconvenient Pack.

Let's tear in.

Top to Bottom:
093 Pedro Martinez

041 Andre Ethier

059 Justin Upton Orange Parallel (190/300)

Redemption Card Carlos Marmol/Geovany Soto Co-Signers Autograph

082 Carlos Zambrano
016 Joe Mauer

I'm not sure what I did to deserve such punishment. Perhaps it stems from the winter when I hit my little brother in the face with an ice ball. Maybe it's retribution for all of the cheating that took place on middle school social studies tests. In any case, I consider this pack my penance. First you've got Joe "Citizen Douchebag" Mauer, a guy who couldn't take my heckling the last time he came to town and actually broke down and started crying in the batters box. (Well...) Then there's top-rated A-hole Zambrano, a guy who lacks personal self-control to the point where he will fistfight his own teammates in the middle of a game. And finally, there's the redemption card. Only in my world would this be considered punishment. While it might be on morally shaky ground to hope for players on an opposing team to get hurt, perhaps I could find a loophole around this by praying that some of the players who currently ride the bench for the Cubs get the chance at big league action they so richly deserve.

And by the way, what is up with the numbering system on these? Do we really need the zero as the hundreds place holder?

7 comments:

darkship said...

I'd take the dual auto even if it is a redemption! I almost hte myself for liking the Cubs some times!!

Steve Gierman said...

That pack suck-diddly-ucked!

tastelikedirt said...

Those cards are so damn ugly, it would have sucked no matter what players you got.

Lonestarr Lonelystarr said...

Don't let me stop the s*** on the Cubs party, but I'm all over that Marmol/Soto (and Big Z too) if you're willing to trade. Anybody in particular you're pining for as your Brewers attempt to chase down a wild card berth, Mr. Thorzul? :P

William said...

That dual auto is gonna be sweet shit. Two huge names, two good players. The baseball fan in you has to celebrate.

Motherscratcher said...

"do we really need the zero as the hundreds place holder?"

Are you serious? Of course we do!

Didn't you learn anything from Y2K?

Rob- AKA "VOTC" said...

I'll trade: Co-Signers CS-JM Dave Jennings-Nick Markakis (Redemption)for the Cubs one.