Wednesday, July 02, 2008

2008 Upper Deck Series Two Blaster

Holy crap! Not even I realized that it had been over a month since I made a contribution to APAD. I guess that's what happens when you take a vacation. So to get back into the game, I hit the Wal-Mart card aisle.

Once there, I spotted two different Upper Deck Series Two blasters: regular (which I bought) and "Stars and Stripes Edition." From the looks of it, the only difference between the two is that each "S&S" has one game used card of a Team USA player, while the regular Blasters have a gamer of an actual Major Leaguer. There's also a Superstar Scrapbook insert that apparently is exclusive to regular Blasters. I'm assuming they're exclusive to the regular Blasters, since there is no mention of them on the outside of the S&S box.

Here's the first pack....

Base:
Chris Carpenter
Mark Teahen
Jason Botts
Troy Glaus (Angels Checklist)
Grady Sizemore (Season Highlight)
Ramon Tranosco (RC)

Insert: Curtis Granderson Common StarQuest

Mirror: Whitey Ford Yankee Stadium Legacy

To see a video of the rest of this Blaster, you know where to go.

1 comment:

dayf said...

The Stars & Stripes blasters don't have StarQuest cards and there's some kind of insert that isn't in the other blasters. Dinged Corners got one of the Stars and Stripes blasters and showed 'em off a few weeks ago.