Monday, August 31, 2009

2009 O-Pee-Chee Blaster Pack

Y'all didn't think I could let you go two whole days without another OPC blaster pack, did you? The best part is that this is just pack number six. We're not even halfway done with this bad boy.

Andy Laroche - I like this card a lot. New project: assemble a panorama of cards that show players in their fielding positions moments before the pitch. Preferably all taken from the same angle--looks like a little bit down the first base line. I think I can use the Tejada from the last pack.

Brian Buscher - He may be a baseball player, or he may just be some guy in uniform that found a ball.

Jon Rauch - Erstwhile DBack. At one point in his DBacks tenure I would have been glad to see him go, as he generally stunk up the joint when he pitched. But he's done much better the past few months, so it's a bit bittersweet. Also, he's the tallest player in MLB history. At 6'11", he was one half of the legendary DBack frontcourt last year with power forward Randy Johnson.

Chris Getz (Black Border) - For a dark-gray-background posed studio shot, this one isn't terrible.

Rick Porcello - Looks like a high school senior, but he's much older than that. In fact, he will be old enough to buy alcohol right after Christmas this year. He's also already started 24 games in the big leagues, with an ERA+ of 107. What were you doing the summer before you turned 21?

Joey Gathright - Lighter background = better studio shot. Am I repeating repeating myself?

You know I'll be back tomorrow. You know you can't wait.

1 comment:

kylecar18 said...

I don't know if you do, but do you trade.
I'm a Tigers fan and that is a nice Porcello.