Friday, June 20, 2008

19?? JKA Baseball Star Buttons


I'm not sure from what year these buttons hail, but while poking around theBay, I came across a box of them and decided to try 'em out... The packs are black and yellow (Go 'Burgh!) with "Baseball Star Buttons" done in stars and stripes. There is an MLB logo in the upper left corner and an MLBPA logo in the lower right. We are told there are 2 Baseball Star Collector Buttons Inside. The back of the pack has a UPC code, "Baseball Buttons" with Vincetown, NJ 08088. There is also a disclaimer: "Not recommended for Children under 7 years of age." Got that? Let's be careful out there. Wouldn't want you sticking your finger with the pin now, do we?



Inside the pack, we find a checklist. It starts with Steve Sax and ends with Dennis Boyd (on the back). There is no copyright date. Good luck. According to the box, there are 125 buttons total.



Hey! I got button #1! How cool! It is faded - badly. I don't know if that's an age thing or that's how the buttons are in general. The button features Steve in a straight-on pose. his name is typed neatly on the right side. Around the edge is tiny printing but no copyright date. The back has, surprisingly, a PIN... Neat item!



I pulled Mr. Boggs. This pin also features a straight-on pose, but his name is centered instead of being off to the side. This photo is a much better one than the Sax photo. After closer examination, it appears this photo was taken in a local bar or something. That might explain the look on his face, huh? Again, no copyright date...


I decided to open a couple more packs, since I have a whole box of them: Bruce Sutter, Tom Herr, Cal Ripken Jr, Gary Carter, Vince Coleman, and Terry Francona were in the next three packs I opened. Sutter is already spoken for by default - LOL...

4 comments:

This is That Was Great said...

Hey can I have the Sax for my player collecti?

This is That Was Great said...

(ion) whoops

Robert Menard said...

If you still have the Francona button from this post, I would be interested in buying or trading for it. Please let me know. Thanks!

Ed said...

I have about 35 bags of these all star pins still in the pack so if theres 2 in each pack...thats 70 pins.im not sure what they are since theyre unopened but im looking to find out there worth.can u help me? Email cantz35@gmail.com to help please