Sunday, June 29, 2008

2006 Topps Hobby Edition - Feeding the habit

I am in San Antonio this week, and I just had to feed my habit. I searched online and found a card shop near my hotel. Or thought I had. Turns out the shop was no longer there, but inside the Riverwalk Mall (or whatever its called), I found a sports shop that had packs for sale. I rifled through the offerings and decided to buy a 2006 Hobby edition pack of cards. I did find another shop with packs in the mall, so I may be feeding my habit again soon.


This pack contains the following cards:
Todd Jones (Tigers) - "The Tigers are Todd's 7th team in the last six seasons."
Derrick Turnbow (Brewers) - "Derrick threw an NL-High 40% of his pitches at 95-mph-plus."
Brady Clark (Brewers) - "Brady topped the 2005 Brewers with 94 runs scored."
Orlando Hernandez (D-Backs) - "'El Duque' is known for his unconventional win-up."
Dodgers Team Card
Eddie Guardado (Mariners) - Eddie bested 40 saves in 2002 and 2003 for the Twins."
Scot Shields (Angels) - "Scot's 197 IP over the last two seasons is tops among MLB relievers."
Andy Sisco (Royals) - "Andy is the tallest player in Kansas City Royals history." (Really, that's all they could come up with??)
Buddy Bell (Royals) - "Buddy ranks fourth all time in assists (4,925) by a 3B."
Checklist - Lists nearly every Mickey Mantle card, plus Walmart cards, Opening Day Relics, and OD Inserts.
Roberto Hernandez (Pirates) - "Roberto has now completed 20 seasons in pro baseball."

It feels good to be able to feed the habit, even if there was only about a day's worth of missing a pack......

No comments: