Thursday, May 29, 2008

2008 Upper Deck Series Two

Did you know that Upper Deck Series Two had the same release date as Topps Series Two? Neither did I! I bought a pack of the former and a box of the latter. Here's the pack for your viewing pleasure, you can see me slowly rip the box to shreds over the next week or so on my blog.

751 Torii Hunter Checklist
713 Masahide Kobayashi RC
799 Prince Fielder Season Highlights
731 Andruw Jones Season Highlights
444 Matt Murton
490 Nate Robertson
413 Jeff Francoeur
428 Steve Trachsel
466 Alex Gonzalez
USBJR-7 Kyle Buchanan USA Baseball
very thick Upper Deck 20th anniversary ad
509 Matt Treanor
575 Endy Chavez
658 Adam Kennedy
590 Alex Rodriguez
533 Howie Kendrick
686 Rod Barajas
414 Mark Kotsay
657 Cesar Izturis
493 Dontrelle Willis
514 Darin Erstad

Two Braves and an Andruw Jones card in a Braves uni. Not a bad start to Series Two. The sole rookie is Masa Kobayashi who is turning out to be a nice reliever for the Indians. When I hear Kobayashi I think about Star Trek and hot dogs though. Upper Deck has gotten wise and is putting in thick ads again to deter searchers. Don't think this crap only happens at Target, folks. A-Rod and a Prince Highlight card are the only other cards to write home about. The insert is a Team USA card of Kyle Buchanan. I'm not sure how I feel about pulling a card of an 18 year old high schooler out of a pack of Upper Deck. Well, It's almost June, maybe he's graduated by now. Either way, the kid's on a freaking Upper Deck card, he coulda smiled. A decent pack to start off with, but I think I still prefer the retail packs of this stuff. I'll probably wait for the blasters to arrive to buy any more.

And just for Thorzul, whose beloved Brewers took two of three from the Braves even though they got outscored 10-4 in the series, here's Prince.

1 comment:

--David said...

Excellent pull on the non-hotdog Kobayashi! :-)