Thursday, October 02, 2008

1998 Pinnacle Dare-to-Tear (Talk about JUMBOmania...)


When I saw the post over on "Cardboard Junkie" for one of these (read it here), I knew I had to find some and hopefully increase my Indians collection a bit. I found a box of these online, so I bought the box and opened it up to see what hidden treasures I could find. Hey, think this is where Tristar came up with the name of their "find the Ruth" campaign? Probably not...

The cards are big - like 5x7 sized. In this pack, I have Mark Grace, Junior, and Junior. Two Juniors in a pack of three cards? But, wait! One of the Juniors is silver foil. The other and the Grace are gold foil. I smell inserts here, folks!


There is also an instruction sheet to help you rip open the big card (if you so choose to do so) without tearing the little card inside. Basically, you smack the big card on the table to help 'settle' the little one to the bottom. I guess, since you are going to tear it anyway, smacking the big one around will have no less affect on the condition, so why not?

If you want to see what's inside one of these, head on over to "Things Done To Cards" for a peek inside...

3 comments:

Mark said...

David! What can I do to acquire the Mark Grace card (unscathed)?? I'd love to add it to my collection!!

--David said...

Heya, Mark! Drop me an email (via my profile) and we'll work out trade!

Chris Harris said...

And now you know why Pinnacle went out of business shortly after this.