Wednesday, October 17, 2007

2005 Upper Deck ESPN Baseball


I thought I would hate the cards in this set, but actually, they're not too bad. The cards look a little like an ESPN screen themselves, what with the crawls and sidebars. Somehow, on this group of cards, they kinda work. I was a little surprised that when I opened the pack, I didn't hear the Duh-nuh-nuh, duh-nuh-nuh sound.

Let's tear in.

Top to Bottom:
87 Michael Young
10 Miguel Tejada
65 Eric Chavez

43 Adrian Beltre
BH-8 Roy Campanella -- This Day in Baseball History

44 Brad Penny
22 Carlos Lee
77 Ichiro

55 Jose Reyes

Grade: B-
Gotta say I like the Campanella. It's not exactly his "Profiles in Courage" card, and the day in baseball history referenced was 1/28/1958, the day of the car accident that permanently put him out of baseball. Any Ichiro is a good Ichiro. The action shots are good, too. I would have liked a different head shot on the back, but as we know, recycling the front image to the back is still common in 2007.

No comments: