Friday, October 12, 2007


Found another card store in the area. This shop is much smaller than the other I previously visited and has mostly newer stuff. I found this owner to be more friendly and not gimmicky. Anyways, I bought some top loaders and a pack of 2007 Bowman. I am not sure why I picked this over the other available packs. I was ready to gamble as I was on my way to poker game anyways.

Shawn O'Malley (chrome)
Aaron Cunnigham (chrome)
Dan Dement (1st Card)
Brandon Roberts (1st Card)
Matt Kemp
Gary Sheffield
Manny Ramirez
Melvin Mora
A-Rod Road To 500 (#166)
Conor Jackson (Gold)

I am very happy to pull a Matt Kemp card even though it's been rumored he's on his way out for Johan Santana. BAD MOVE. HUGE MISTAKE. But I digress. I actually like this set of cards. The border design is a bit ugly, but the quality of the cards and the photographs stick out as a high point. Granted, most of the players on in the 1st Card series will end up being duds, but I like the premise. I have no intention of building this set so if anyone reading this needs any of these cards for set fillers, contact me via my website. I will be more than happy to trade for any of your Dodger extras new and old.

As I was leaving the store, the dealer gave me a free pack of cards from National Baseball Card Day in 2006. I didn't know this day existed. Does this happen every year? The pack of cards was pretty good as well. These were probably massed produced, but who cares. A Nomar was in the pack it was all worth the while.

1 comment:

--David said...

Well, for no reason at all, other then I happen to have been in Wal-Mart at the time, I picked up two packs of 2007 Fleer Ultra. I still don't know why, though pulling a Biggio in the last year he played is kinda cool...

Pack 1: Biggio, M. Mora, V. Wells, M. Young, C. Wang (which I will treasure always as the Yankee that folded under the presence of the Tribe in the 07 ALDS)

Pack 2: D. Uggla, J. Francoeur, M. Morris, R. Sexson, K. Kouzmanoff Lucky 13 (at least he is actually in a Padres uni on this card)